August 24, 2007

The Sacred Grove in Palmyra New York




As I mentioned, Cory and I stopped by Palmyra, NY on our way to Albany, where we now live. I had been to Palmyra before but it was like 10 years ago. Everything looked different now, they remodeled. It was really neat. We went inside the Smith's cabin and frame house and then walked across the street and walked in the Sacred Grove.



The second that I walked into the Grove the hymn "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" entered into my head, like someone was singing it to me. I knew it was the spirit. A little later while Cory and I were sitting on a bench in the grove I told him that the song had entered my mind when we entered the Grove and he said that it had entered his too! Isn't that awesome! The Spirit was there with us, it was really neat.


Going into the Smith's small cabin home also made me appreciate what I have more, especially our little apartment. We are really blessed. The cabin was pretty small for their whole family. There's a reason I was sent to live in these latter days.

No comments: