June 20, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Logan


No, I didn't forget about Logan's birthday.  It's been really busy around here, with me working full time now (for the next 6 weeks) that there is little time to do extra-curricular activities (the last two blogs were actually ones I had saved as drafts about a month ago and just barely posted).  After the 6 weeks then I will work three nights a week (24 hrs) until Cory starts school again, then I will work 2 nights (16 hrs/wk - although my employer doesn't yet know that, shhh ;).  Cory still works and studies about  20+ hrs/wk too, so we don't see each other that much, but it's all working out pretty nicely. 


Lucy is in Primary now, she is SO excited about it too.  She loves being able to come downstairs with me to Primary.  There is no one in nursery anymore.  It's good too because there is usually at least one other kid there, although her first week it was just her.  She's growing up!  And so excited to start dance on Tuesday :).  This afternoon we took a nap together and she talked in her sleep loud and with her eyes wide open, it was just funny, she makes us laugh :).


So here is a short video of what went on June 13th, Logan's 1st birthday :).  

It ended up being a pretty good birthday, especially considering Logan is one and had no idea what was going on.  Lucy had a blast helping him open presents though and was so excited it was his birthday.  She enjoyed the day more than he did, hence the dinner at McDs so she could play in the play place :).


Thanks to Cory for taking the kids to a fun picnic while I was at work, they have a lot of fun with their dad :).  Thanks to him too for baking the cake.  I wish I could say that he decorated it too, but unfortunately that was me :(.  It didn't turn out the way I had planned, it was supposed to be a dirt road.  Oh well, better luck, color, and hopefully time next year :).


Thanks to everyone for the nice cards and gifts for Logan, he really appreciates it, as you saw :)!  We love and miss you all!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Your baby's one! I can't believe how fast time flies, he is such a cutie, love the video!!! I'm glad everything is working out with your job too, it probably feels good to be back at work a bit. (I miss it sometimes)

Lucy is hilarious, it sounds like she keeps you and Cory very entertained!

Have fun with the girls next week!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Logan! He looks so much like Cory! Hope you are all hanging in there. You're so lucky Lucy gets to go to Primary! Our ward is the typical 'don't leave nursery until the new year'. And Jaden just barely misses the cut off. He actually kept telling everyone he was 3 in Dec. so they all thought he was in the different age group! Oh well, he has better friends in the group he's with now anyways! Hope you are enjoying your new job!

Aubrey said...

One is such a cute age! Is he walking yet?

I'm excited for Lucy to be in primary and dance! Boy she is getting old!

So I can't believe how busy you and Cory are! I'm sure you just can't wait until he is finished! Candice, I'm so excited to see you! I can't believe our next meeting is Thursday morning in New York City!

Whirl Winds said...

Love your blog, as usual. How great that Logan is one already! I'm glad work is going well for you as well.
Mckenzi