July 27, 2008

Life as we know it...

Here's a short recap on June...



What's going on with us right now....

Lucy loves primary and singing primary songs.  We listen to primary songs in the car and she loves to sing along, it has really helped her in primary, she gets so excited that she knows the words and asks us to watch her sing.  She loves primary and gets so excited to go every Sunday.  She loves to have other kids to sit with.  It's fun that I am in primary too because I can see how she interacts with others and answers questions.  She loves to play with the other girls hair and tell them how pretty their hair is or what pretty clothes they are wearing, cute, what a girl!

We have also been reading the picture Book of Mormon with her every day, which she looks forward to, and she talks about Jesus Christ, Nephi, and the Lamanites wherever we go.  We were at the grocery store the other day and she was role playing to herself, like she loves to do, and was saying something about Laman and Lemuel being mean and then started talking about Jesus making her better.  Another time at the grocery store Logan started fussing and Lucy started singing "I am a Child of God" to him.  At the dinner table one day she said, "Mom, I am a daughter of God and you are a daughter of God and Daddy and Logan are sons of God."  It's fun to see her learning and loving the gospel.

Logan is walking now and loving it.  It's so fun to see him being so confident and brave.  He still crawls sometimes, mostly to get away from Lucy, so he can move really fast :).  He loves making animal sounds (cow, monkey, snake, duck, tiger, bear, cat, and especially doggie).  He can say daddy, doggie, duck, shoe, no, ow, cheese, juice, and ah-oh (I know he is saying all these words, but others might not be able to understand them :), and he is learning others).  Whenever he wakes up from his nap he stands in his crib and yells, "daddy!"  It's cute.  He won't say mommy though, only when he cries, "mamama."  He also loves to wave and say, "Hi" to EVERYONE, strangers mostly, even if they are down the street 50 feet.  It's really cute.  When I come home from work and am unlocking the door from the outside, I can hear him say, "Hi" to me before I even open the door to the family room, cute!

Lucy and Logan play really well together now too, it makes it SO nice for me.  It's fun to watch them play and laugh together.  There is some good things about living in such a small apt, the kids are never far :).  I can get to them in just a few steps no matter where they are in the apt. and can hear them loud and clear no matter where I am.  I am so glad to have to happy and healthy kids.

Cory and I have been busy working and passing off the kids to each other.  I have been working 4-5 days a week but this week I start doing 3 nights a week (11pm to 7am).  It has worked out pretty nicely with me going to work during the night and then Cory watches the kids in the morning, while I sleep, and puts them down for a nap around 1pm and leaves for work, they wake up and so I get up around 3pm.  

When Cory starts school in Sept. I will cut down to two nights a week though because he will be WAY busier and won't be able to be home to watch the kids as much and I won't be able to get as much sleep.  It will be interesting!  We will manage though, it's actually turned out a lot better than I imagined.  I am so glad that my training is done!  It's been a LONG 6 weeks!  It's been good in a lot of ways too, Cory has really got some quality time with the kids.  We are pretty equal right now, both working and taking care of the kids, we have learned how to share responsibilities.  It's been fun to watch Cory take care of the kids.  We have both been able to experience what the other experiences (been in each other's shoes in a way).

We are really blessed and I am thankful for the life we have.




2 comments:

Jeni said...

You guys are busy busy! And you are handling it so well! That is great that you are reading with your kids and not throwing everything to the wind! I know that sometimes when I get busy/stressed most everything gets "thrown to the wind"

Remember these wonderfully busy days you are having. I saw a billboard today that basically said the busiest days go by the fastest, so cherish each moment...

Love ya Can-dice!

Aubrey said...

I love your updates. I can't believe your schedules! What a crazy life you have right now! But you guys seem to be organized and handling it very well! Isn't it great to know that it's not going to be like that forever! You'll get through this before you know it! So cute about Lucy and the book of mormon stuff. :)