March 9, 2009

Our new home...


So - the reason why I haven't posted in a while and have been so busy is that, yes, we are moving!  Yeah!  


We are so excited to finally move into a bigger place where our kids can run around without constantly bumping into things and where we don't feel like we live in a cave/storage unit.  A place where we won't have to pay to park behind the next door neighbor's house, and where the sidewalk is not our front yard.  Somewhere we don't have to listen to the man upstairs cough, giggle, and walk around upstairs like he's carrying weights on his legs.  


I have been very busy looking for a place, because Cory is completely busy with work and school, so he said if I really wanted to move, I would have to do all the work.  So I have and am :).  I found a place and Cory approved, so now we are packing and moving at the end of the month.  I hate having to wait a couple weeks, but we've waited for 1 1/2 years, what's a couple weeks?  We never planned on being in this apt this long - we weren't even going to live here when we realized where we were and what we had gotten ourselves into - but it has served it's purpose and become home for us during this year and a half, and now it's time to move on and move out!  Yee-haw!  We will miss some things we have grown to love about this area, but we will still be in the branch and close to things we know.


This is a beautiful house in New York - a dream house really!  But of course, it's not where we are moving to.  Yes, that would be even more of  a dream, but we must take baby steps.  As much as I would love to be buying and moving into a gorgeous house like this so I could fit in with all my family and friends, we wouldn't want to do it here in New York right?  And we wouldn't want to do it now, while Cory is still in school :).  We will eventually get to the point where we will be moving into our own home closer to family, maybe not this big of a home, but it will be our home and we will love it!


I just thought it would be funny to make you all think, well some of you, that we were moving into this great house.  But I didn't lie - we are moving - just not into this house - another house split into two apartments.  It is a couple miles away from this one.  Right now we live in 650 square feet and the apt we will be moving to is roughly around 1,000 square feet?  That's an estimate.  But it has 3 rooms, dining room, living room, eat-in kitchen, downstairs with storage space and w/d hookups, and a backyard with GRASS - yeah!  Our current back yard is just mud and rocks - not much good with kids :).


When I asked Lucy if we should move into the new apartment she said, "yeah, because I just keep on bumpin' into things in this one."  I didn't post it, but Logan actually fell and hit a wall corner by our kitchen and split his head open in February.  It is the exact corner that Lucy split her head open on 1 1/2 years ago.  This is a much needed change and we are really excited about it.  We are actually really grateful for the way it all worked out.  Living in such a small space has made us really grateful to be moving into a larger one and we feel that we have been blessed immensely.  We do have everything we need here in this little apt, so something bigger is just a huge bonus from God - we are really excited.


Does make me realize again what a big job moving is - but it beets moving 5 days across the country!!!  So the next couple weeks will be busy but worth every minute I am sure.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

That is so rude! Making me think that was your new house! Mean trick! haha...BUT I am super excited for you that you are able to get out of that apartment! Whoo hoo!!! Good luck with moving! Wish we were there to help, but that's awesome that you are able to stay in your branch...hopefully you will have lots of help there. Love ya!

Jen said...

I was thinking that that house had an apartment in it somewhere--which it may! :) So excited for you guys! Good luck with all of the moving and packing, wish we could be there to help out. I know what you mean with all of the bumps and bruises that happen because of small living quarters--we have the same problem, there is nowhere to fall without hitting something!

Whirl Winds said...

Can I move into your new house too? It looks too cozy for just your family...... Yeah, soon we will be even closer neighbors.
McKenzi

Anna said...

That is so great that you will be able to get into somewhere else. Hope it is just great! That is nice to have grass, too. We are excited for you guys, but wish you were closer. We sure miss you! We don't really talk much cuz of how busy we both are, but we sure do think about you guys often. We love you!

And your kids are always splitting their heads open. :)

Jeni said...

Congrats Candice!! I am excited for you guys to move into a new place and get situated.

We're running out of space here too... and no kids yet! I'm itching to move into a bigger apartment in San Diego. Although I will miss it here in SF, I'm dying for San Diego.

Congrats on the new place! You'll have to show us pictures of the new and old place. Just know that Jason and I are right there with you in not buying a house and living in a SMALL apartment. BUT that's what you get for living on the COOL ends of the U.S. We love it!