April 19, 2009

Thinking back to March...

So, I haven't posted in a while, haven't been on the internet lately either - just barely enough to check my email once in a while - things have been busy and great.  The internet has to take a back seat - I find that when I am on it - it sucks me in some times - and so I limit myself.  I get on the internet to do one thing and then end up getting side tracked a million different which ways following different links and sometimes don't even get the thing done I got on to do!

There was an article in the Ensign this week that I thought was really good, "Learning and Latter-Day Saints" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks.  He says 
"As we seek to receive and apply the guidance of the Spirit in a world driven by the trends and issues of the day, we are confronted by an avalanche of often erroneous and trivial information served up by modern technology.  We risk becoming what one observer called " ' pancake people' - spread wide and thin as we connect with that vast network of information accessed by the mere touch of a button."

I just really liked his message and took some inspiration from his message.  I included some videos on the side of my blog that are inspirational to me also - it's always nice to feel the spirit a little bit here and there throughout the day.

March was a busy and fun month.  It was full of packing, moving, school, work, kids activities, my birthday, and my parents visiting.  We were going to move the weekend of the 27th, but our new landlord said we could move in a week earlier with no extra cost if it was more convenient, so we did.  I wanted to get in and get it over with!  My parents were going to come down to help us move and booked flights, so when they got here on the 26th, since we had already moved, we were able to do some fun things instead of just move.  There were a few odds and ends that they were able to still help with, so that was great, and Cory and I were able to go on a real date! :)

We love our new apartment and neighborhood - we can actually park in front of our house on the street most of the time, have a front and back porch, back yard (we have had a few picnics already :) ), 15 windows, vs. 4 at our last place, there is a LOT more light - LOVE IT!  Hard wood floors - nice under the dining table :), 7 total rooms vs. 4 at our last place, a basement with storage, and a lot more running space for the kids, inside and out!  I have noticed a difference already - the kids are more tired at night and a lot happier during the day.  Our neighborhood is full of families and kids - so it is lively and fun during the day and quieter at night.  No worries about opening the front window to have someone smoking and blowing smoke into the house and yelling or swearing.  We actually have distance from our front window to the sidewalk :).

But we do have a lot of good memories at our old 'little' apartment.  We will always cherish the time and memories we made there and are excited to make many memories and fun times here as well :).  The weather is getting nicer too - we love going outside to the park and in the yard.  Things are getting green - yeah!  We are so ready for spring!  So here is a little video of March, enjoy :).

Lucy goes to Joy School once a week and dance once a week and loves it.  She is learning and growing so fast.  She drew a picture the other day and said it was Jesus coming down from heaven.  She also made up a song about a baby whale that "came into danger" yesterday.  She also said to me a couple days ago, when I die I can go up and live with Jesus and then when you die you can come and live with us too - wait a minute!  I told her I don't want her to die yet, I love being with her too much!  It's just fun to hear the things they say.  We love just shooting the breeze sometimes - we were laying on a blanket in the back yard and Logan was walking around playing with leaves and sticks and Lucy said to me, "mom, this is sure fun."  I thought to myself, "It really is!  This is the stuff worth cherishing - times like these!"  Lucy asked me a couple weeks ago if she could have a baby sister, she is really into babies, real ones, I told her maybe someday.  Sorry grandparents, not anytime soon :)!

Logan is talking up a storm and loves male attention.  It's funny, wherever we go he will stop and talk to males young or old and share his knowledge with them - show them all the things he knows like pointing to the clouds and saying "clouds", maybe it has something to do with being home with Lucy and I all day every day - he sure loves it when his daddy gets home!  He has become quite the character and we love him to pieces!!!  It is great to see Lucy and Logan play so well together too - they really love each other.



3 comments:

Jen said...

Your new home sounds great! So glad you guys have so much more room and sunlight! That makes a huge difference with kids. :)

Jeni said...

I'm so happy for you guys Candice! Sounds like your new home is awesome and that Lucy and Logan love it too.

How cool that your mom and dad come to visit so often... you're really lucky to have such involved grandparents for your kids.

I love all the cute pics of your kiddos, they look SO much like you!

Whirl Winds said...

I like the inspirational videos and as always all the pictures of your family.
McKnezi