Lucy had her Ballet/Tap/Jazz dance recital on May 16th. We were so excited to go and see her perform, and she was excited to have us come and watch her and wear the new outfit I made especially for this recital. I had fun making it too, I embellished a plain pink leotard with jewels and some bows and made a tutu from some tule I have had around the house since I was like 20 and have never had a use for it until now :), yeah, I have a lot of fabric like that - just waiting for the perfect time to use it :). Then I added some ribbon and jewels. It made this occasion extra special for her. The whole show was a surprise, I hadn't seen any of it before hand, but had heard her singing some of the songs around the house :).
Here is a clip of some of her recital, it was 30 minutes long, so I shortened it for you :). Enjoy! Wanted to get this out A.S.A.P. so the grandparents could join in on her recital too - since we live so far away :). Make sure to stop the music player to the left :).


This class has been great for her and she has really enjoyed it. It was highly recommended, which is why I drive 25 minutes just to get her there each week, 50 minutes total to and from. The class is more structured and organized than others and the teachers are great, she has learned to listen, dance, pay attention, and gets to socialize too. With this dance class along with joy school and primary each week I think she's sitting pretty to be ready for school :). There hasn't been any real need for extra socialization skills in this girl since day one though - she's quite the social butterfly! And smart too!
We have also started going to the library each week for story time and an activity - as well as going during the week to check out more books. Cory and I love it too because it is a lot more exciting to read new books with the kids during the day and every night - there are a lot of GREAT children's books out there! It's been good for the kids, they are really gaining a love for reading.
Logan grabs all the books he can of trucks, cars, tractors, motorcycles, bikes, and trains and carries them around the library. He is such a boy's boy! Holy cow! It's truly built in! He makes sure everyone sees and hears that he has a book with a truck on it, he's got quite the set of lungs on him - and we thought Lucy was loud ;)! His latest thing is "watch me, watch me!" He says this all day long with all sorts of things, jumping up and down, throwing a basketball, making a funny face, walking hunched over, such a funny kid! He loves being outside, and once outside it's very difficult to get him to go inside - good thing we have a back yard now :).
Logan has a mind and personality of his own, but sometimes he will do and say what Lucy tells him to say, it's pretty funny. Her latest thing is rhyming everything - and so she will make a silly nonsense rhyme and he will say, "mommy, watch me!" and then when you are paying attention he will say that rhyme. He loves his sister and whenever she is not around he asks where she is. I love it when they play well together. I guess it's a teensy glimpse of how God must feel when we (all His children) get along :).
I have also started a garden. There are several community gardens in Albany so I got on the list and went to a meeting to get a spot. I was lucky to get the second to last spot. This year there has been a huge demand, so they actually had to cut a bunch of plots in half. Our plot is 10'x24', so pretty big size. Gardening sure is a lot more work then I thought, but the stuff I am learning will be so helpful and I can use it - save money and get organic food! It's been good - my seeds are like my babies - seeing them grow and then sprout and then give back - just like our own kids ;). I will update on the garden later.
Yeah, so we stay very busy around here. We are glad to have Cory around a little more too - he is done with classes and so is home in the evenings and most Saturdays. He is now starting on writing some required papers before his disertation and working. He also got his Social Work license in NY now so will probably be getting a part time job in counseling.
I am working about 3 nights/month and stay busy with the kids, house, etc. We are really enjoying the weather and beauty of NY right now too - it is back to being incredibly green - so GORGEOUS! Guess that's the benefit of all the humidity! The weather is so fickle - holy cow! It's in the 90's one day and 60's the next! Guess it gives us some variety though :). We are looking forward to Summer and taking a few vacations :).
Love and miss you all!
1 comment:
Loved it! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment