The flight to and from Utah was not the easiest - but it actually worked out okay. Southwest is nice because you get to pick your seats and you can register online 24hrs in advance so you can get a good seat. Logan loved looking out the window as we took off - and Lucy was okay with that if she got to pick the movie to watch :). They actually slept some on both flights as well! On the flight home I did have to run to the next terminal during our layover - wasn't very long. I held onto Lucy, and ran in the large Baltimore airport with Logan in the stroller. When I got on the plane I realized that I had been running with a piece of gum stuck to that back of my pants with a napkin stuck to it - probably looked like toilet paper! But it wasn't! Oh well - don't really know anyone in Baltimore :). Another nice thing was that we had three full seats - so you get a whole row and don't get stuck talking to anyone you don't know, well, except for the people behind us that the kids liked to peak through at :). Thank goodness for DVD players and snacks though :).
Logan loved riding horses, motorcycles, tractors, four wheelers, and playing basketball. Lucy loved playing barbies with her aunt Megan, playing with her uncles, and playing with her cousins Erika and Kyle. They had such a great time and got spoiled drinking chocolate milk and eating sugar cereal - back to white skim milk and oatmeal at our house, ha ha! :) I enjoyed relaxing a little bit, sleeping in (the kids actually slept really well besides the first two days), doing my hair and nails (at home I rarely take the time :). Lucy slept in the bed with me and Logan slept in a crib in our room - and it worked like a charm - I knew they would sleep better in the same room with me and I wanted some company too - I don't like going to bed alone. I know Cory didn't mind having a bed all to himself though :) and he slept in a couple of days too! But he was very glad to see us when we got back, and the kids were excited to see him. I kind of felt what it would be like to be a single mom - but not even close - considering I was staying with my in-laws and parents who were extremely helpful - thanks guys!!! So I am thankful for Cory :).
It's good to be back but back to the grind of life too :(. So much to do! And Lucy, Logan and I have been sick for two weeks - so that's been miserable. I am just glad we weren't sick during our travels, that was really a blessing! Maybe it's because we got more rest and relaxation in Utah? It's easier to relax when you are away from your home where there is always endless things you should or could be doing. We are all feeling a lot better now though :).
Cory had to have another surgery on his tooth and had to sleep in the recliner for a couple of days - I think that might have saved him from getting sick thank goodness! He was a great help while we were sick. He is still missing his front tooth - but will probably be getting his implant in a couple of months. Too bad I couldn't convince him to be a pirate for halloween - with him missing his front tooth and our captain jack sparrow wig - he would've been great!
Halloween was great too! We did some Halloween dressing up in Utah and New York. The kids had an absolute blast! It's so fun that they are at the age of loving to go trick-or-treating but not too old to notice some of their candy missing, ha ha! (oh, not me ;) It rained the 31st but Cory took them out in between rain pours - although I ended up getting in the car to go find them and pick them up because it was pouring! Lucy was a mermaid though - so she didn't mind ;). Seriously though, they were soaked but happy as bugs! Logan loved being a pirate too and said, "I'm goin' to Argh you, Argh!"
It was a good month :) Picture slideshow to come later :). I know this was a long one :).
2 comments:
Glad you had such a great month and visit to Utah. Can't wait!
You are going to be an expert plane traveler by the end of this!! I'm glad it all went well, though. We sure enjoyed seeing you and are excited to see you again this weekend. I would love to see some pics of the kids on Halloween. You did such a good job on their costumes. Love ya, see ya soon.
Amber
Post a Comment