September 23, 2010

Once Upon A Time...







Once upon a time
there was a baby.
He was born with
a whole lot of hair.
As the baby boy grew
so did his hair,
it grew,
and grew,
and grew.
Then one day
his mom got the impulse
to cut it!
It was getting in his eyes,
it was two-toned,
and he had a mullet in the back!
His mom also
got tired of people
asking if he was a
girl or a boy.
He looked so cute
with his scraggly,
two-toned hair,
but...
she put his hair in ponytails,
and cut it!!!
What emerged was
so unexpected,
a little blond haired boy,
at first not recognizable,
but with the same
adorable smile.
"who is this boy?"
His mom and dad said!
wow!
from baby to boy!
"where did my baby go?"
"shoot, maybe we need to have another one!"
"who are you?"
"why did I cut it that short?"
"it will grow back!"
the next day his mom was sad.
it's just another reminder
that her kids are growing up
so so fast!
He is still my cute cute baby!
5 months old already!
rolling over
eating cereal,
sweet potatoes
and bananas so far -
and loving it!
Loves to watch us eat!
So that's the story
of Lincoln's first
hair cut :).





4 comments:

bmccjbcm said...

What happened to the baby?!? Wow...it makes him look grown up. Thanks for sharing the pictures and movies. It makes it a little easier that you live so far away! Luv Ya ALL!

Jen said...

Holy smokes!!! You are going to have to post more often--I'm blown away every time I see a photo of Lincoln, he's getting so big!! He's still a cute kid though. Perhaps the diaper changes will help you feel like he's still a baby :)

aubrey s. said...

Wow--One word--Jealous. My twins don't have much hair. Can Lincoln share with Brooklyn? They are 9 months old, but barely have any hair. Your family is so cute. I love all your pictures

Amber Parkinson said...

What a cutie! I think Lincoln looks more like you than the other two. Of course, I have had four baldies, and Jared is no exception. Kyle didn't get his first haircut until he was two!