Yes, I know that was now 2 1/2 months ago! That's just how busy it's been around her, holy smokin' cow!!!
It never ceases to amaze me how busy life can be! It doesn't slow down either people! You think it will and it doesn't and wont, just gotta learn to live and love the living that you do!!! Make the most of the time you have!!!
We have a children's CD in the car that the kids love and sing along to - I actually learn a lot from the words of the songs. There is one song that I have come to really like, it has a line in it that says something like this...
Socks in the hallway, dirt on the floor,
food on the couch and more on the door
noise in the background, stains on the knees
leaves in the sink, and shouts for string cheese
never lonely, never lonely,
it's all to remind me I'm not lonely...
I actually made most of that up cuz I can't remember the words, but you got the gist of it right ;). I am blessed to be busy with three little kids and it is such a joy to watch them grow. I love being a stay at home mom and a wife :).
July was fun - we celebrated the 4th of July - went to a baseball field nearby to watch the fireworks down the hill from us. Went on a nice hike - so gorgeous out here in the East! But a lot of bugs t00! Huge suckers! Came back with some bug bites. Not good for Logan, since he has become a chronic scab picker!!! It's a problem I tell you - constant blood oozing from somewhere on his body. He comes up to me and looks at me with this guilty look and I say, "what did you do? did you have an accident?" he says, "no" and just smiles, then I know, he picked another scab! he he. Silly boy - he's just gonna have to live with these ginormous scars from picking the same sore over and over again!
The Hike was great though - Cory will tell you all about how many pictures I took and how we didn't get very far because of it :). But we have three little kids, so that wasn't the only reason! And he thanks me now and loves looking at the pics ;). It was fun though - the kids legs were so tired on the way back they both wanted to be carried (of course, Lincoln was carried the whole time). It was beautiful! It was about an hour away, can't remember the name of it, I'll have to ask Cory.
Lucy did free swimming lessons at the public pool for a couple of days, made some progress there :). Had some hot days, went to the sprinkler park, and ate popsicles.
Cory's parents and sister came to visit at the end of the month - it was great to have visitors :). I will tell about that in Augusts recap - since that is when most of the visit occurred. I won't dare to promise I will have that right away. But I will do my best. Enjoy this for now, "you take what you get and you don't throw a fit," as Lucy would say, ha ha!
And again, you will want to pause the music player to the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment