Our kids like to stay up late! We put them in their beds around 8 pm and sometimes Lucy just looks at books. I just can't get myself to drop Lucy's afternoon nap, I NEED that time!!! Logan usually goes to bed good though, unless Lucy decides to keep him awake! Lucy makes interesting noises with her throat and it makes Logan crack up, it's so funny. They were actually supposed to be sleeping and Cory and I heard them in their room doing this... Hang tight, I do turn on the light so you can see... (scroll down and pause the music first, then you can hear the movie, the stream you hear in the background is the cd I have to play when the kids are sleeping to drown out the sound of the man upstairs so he doesn't wake them up :) enjoy).
This last week was sure a long one though! Friday the 15th I took the kids to get their flu shots, they had already had a cold for 4-5 days (I don't recommend getting the flu shot when you are sick, I think it had something to do with the events that transpired the following week). When your body is busy fighting one infection, you are at higher risk to get another, your body can't fight everything at once. So Monday Lucy woke up from her nap with a bad ear ache, I took her, and Logan, to the doctor's (visit #2) and they found infection in both ears, so they ordered her abx (antibiotics). So I went through a Rite Aid pharmacy drive thru and dropped off the rx, I wasn't about to get both the kids out of the car again, so I had to drive around for a 1/2 hour waiting to pick the rx up. I started her on the abx that night.
Wednesday she woke up from her nap with a swollen eye filled with pus (pink eye/conjunctivitis). So I had to get the kids together again and take them to the doctor (visit #3). They then had to give her two shots and prescribe her a different abx. The shots hurt her pretty bad and she couldn't walk for like 1 1/2 hours because it hurt too much. So carrying her and Logan in his car seat to the car was interesting. So I went through a Rite Aid pharmacy drive thru again and dropped off the rx, I wasn't about to get both the kids out of the car again, especially because Lucy couldn't walk, so I had to drive around for a 1/2 hour waiting to pick the rx up. Then I had to try and keep her away from Logan so that he wouldn't get pink eye, it's pretty contagious, but she had probably already passed it to him before she showed symptoms. But the shot worked great and Thursday morning her eye was still a little swollen but it was free of pus.
Friday Logan woke up with pus in one of his eyes. He had also been grabbing at his ears a little bit but I didn't think a lot of it because the doctor had checked his ears on Monday, but not Wednesday. So I took the kids to the doctors again (visit #4)! They found infection in both of his ears too! So he had the exact same thing, poor guy! So he got the abx too, and gladly not a shot, because his eye wasn't as swollen as Lucy's. So I went through a Rite Aid pharmacy drive thru and dropped off the rx, I wasn't about to get both the kids out of the car again, so I had to drive around for a 1 hour this time waiting to pick the rx up, but it was lunch time. So I stopped off at home, got the kids out, fed them lunch, got them back in the car and went to pick up the meds. So now I am giving my kids liquid abx twice a day for 10 days, that's fun! Yeah right. Bitter? I'm not bitter.
No, really, I am thankful that the abx worked so fast! The kids are doing a lot better now.
The doctor's 4 times in a week is a little much, so we are going to hopefully not have to go in again until Logan's 9 month check up. Man, when you have two kids it's different because they just pass everything to each other. I have never been to the doctor's so much in my life!
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR DRIVE THRU PHARMACIES!!!
5 comments:
Glad to hear that your kids are doing better! And hey, at least the doctor will know who you are now!
Sounds like you had a crazy week! Wow! I am glad your kids are doing much better!!!! You need a break from sickness for awhile :)
Hi guys,
Conde's here Great web site love the pics of the kids!! Be safe and godbless!
Stu Eva and Fam
hI Amanda :)
Unlce Stuey
I don't know what you check more, your blog or email...but I sent a message to both..I need your phone number girlie!
Anyway, has this week been sick free!?? I hope so! Hopefully you never have to do doctor visits like that again! Luv ya!
Post a Comment