March 22, 2008

A few facts...

About Albany

Gas $3.35-3.47/gallon (and when you fill up you have to hold the pump the whole time, in Utah you can pull the 'trigger' and it will stay, so you can get in your car while it fills up if it's cold, miss that)

Milk $3.40/gallon

Movie in a theater $10-15 (they don't have a dollar theatre but they do have a discount one that's $5-7)

Oranges $1 each

St. Patricks day here is huge, there is a big parade and stuff, and it's a wild and crazy night with drinking, etc.  Interesting.

The highway here is 55 mph in places it would be 65 mph in Utah and 65 mph in places it would be 75 mph.  Center street, like State Street in SLC, is 35 mph here.

I don't remember exactly what things cost in Utah but I think it was a little bit different.  Just a few fun facts for ya.


How the kids are growing...

Logan 

weight 19.09 lbs (~50%) 
height 28" (~50%) 
head circumference 18" (~90%) from his dad ;)

Lucy 

weight 32.2 lbs (~37%) 
height 38.25" (~90%)


2 comments:

Jeni said...

$3.47 for gas??? That's cheap Candice. Our gas here in ALBANY, CALIFORNIA is about $4.03 a gallon. Good thing I take BART everywhere, oh wait, but BART costs me $3.75 each way to and from the city, so I pretty much end up paying $8 bucks a day for transportation, $160 bucks a month, or $1,920 bucks a year. Wow, I must really love riding on the jam-packed BART with all of the crazy and homeless people to be paying THAT MUCH a year! That's what we both get for living in a cool, non-Utah city. Being outside of Utah rocks! (And I am really not being sarcastic, you pay more to live in a cool place)

Jeni said...

Sorry Candice, one more comment: You should have seen the St. Patty's party in San Francisco. It was CRAZY! They closed down all the roads and had free beer on the streets and this huge parade. My office closed early so people could go party. Can you believe that? We close early on St. Patrick's Day but not Good Friday or Christmas Eve?? I think people just need an excuse to pull out the alcohol. Glad that you are loving the craziness in Albany NY!!