Just wanted to write something since I haven't done it for a while. The kids are sure growing, I look at past pictures and can't believe how much they have grown!!! If it weren't for pictures and video I am afraid I would forget EVERYTHING - it's sad - I don't have a very good memory (unlike the lady on Oprah the other day who remembers every detail of her life including dates - that would be nice - sometimes :).
Lucy is quite the character. She is a fun and loving girl. She really loves her brother and it's fun to watch her take care of him. She is SO excited for Christmas. In her bedtime prayers she now says, "and I am thankful that Christmas is coming." She loves dressing up (most of the time in the Fiona costume I made her last year for Halloween, that makes me feel good :) and I am glad it still fits her perfectly!!!). She loves princesses, pink, shoes, sparkles, fairies, and chapstick - WHAT A GIRL!!! I love it!
Logan has become quite the climber/explorer. Wherever he is not supposed to be is where we will find him :). On the kitchen table, in the laundry room, on the toilet, or on or in boxes back in his closet - what a stinker! We love him! I just started trying time out with him, a girl at my work did it with her kid around his age, but when I put him in the corner he just smiles big and laughs. How am I supposed to stay serious? He is a skinny guy too, all of his pants are too big around the waist - but the ones that fit around the waste are too short. Maybe it's because he throws all his food on the floor lately and pounds it into his tray or spits it out :(. He is also quite the character. He says lots of words now and loves learning new ones. He LOVES Thomas the tank engine and Cars - holy cow WHAT A BOY! It is so fun to see how different the kids both are - but so alike too :).
It's fun to see the kids get SO excited to see daddy come home at night - Logan squats at the door with a huge smile/smirk on his face. Cory is doing well in school and it's crunch time for him so he is very busy - it's a good thing I went per diem! He is gone from about 8a-8p/6 days a week (well Saturdays he tries to spend a little more time at home, and we love to have him :). We will all be glad when this semester is over! I am also glad to be working a lot less - although I still feel very busy - I guess it's a chronic thing - I project myself up the wazoo! Never know the meaning of bored!!!
The weather here is bitter cold! I forgot how cold it gets here with the wind and humidity - holy cow! I dread going outside, and having to park on the street, sometimes a block away, doesn't help! We do find plenty to do though, inside and out, and stay busy. Life is good - we are very blessed. We have grown in many ways by being here in Albany and know this is where we are supposed to be.
We love and miss you all and wish you all a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
7 comments:
Love Lucy's hair!! So cute! Logan sounds alike like Ara, always somewhere where they aren't suppose to be! Glad to hear you guys are doing well and hanging in there! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too!
Candice I love your family pics they are sooooo cute...i love you!
Isn't is funny that we both live in Albany? I still can't get over that sometimes. Your kids are looking so cute these days. I love it. They really have their own personality.
I would love 1 bitter cold day. It's been warmer here now than it was in the summer, it doesn't feel like the holidays if it isn't cold.
You guys look SO GREAT!!! Happy holidays!
Cute blog update. I love watching Logan at church during Sunday School. His favorite thing to do is bang his juice cup on whatever surface he can find. It is so funny. He sure keeps Cory busy!
Lucy's hair is so cute! We miss you guys! You totally have to come stay with us to go to the temple. Ellie talks about Lucy still all the time. She keeps asking me if she can come over for a sleep over.
Candice, thanks for the note. Your family is gorgeous! I'm so glad you are doing well. Keep in touch...Sarah Avery
Sounds fun. Hope you had a good thanksgiving. sorry we won't be able to see you guys for christmas. hopefully next year unless you got one on the way. he he :) jk Peyton is pretty much the same way with skinny around the waist and not long enough pants. Just find the ones that have the buttons inside to tighten, or try rolling the waistband, or next time you are shopping you just have to be picky and find the right ones. just a thought. hope you are doing well, and stay warm...we just barely turned our heater on last night. :)
Post a Comment