May 8, 2008

Spring in Washington Park

Sunday evening we decided to go to Washington Park to see the Tulips.  On our way to Washington Park Lucy stopped to pick the dandelions, little did she know we were about to see hundreds of much larger and prettier flowers...

The trees are all in bloom here in Albany and are so beautiful.  I don't know whether I like fall or spring here better, they are both SO GORGEOUS! 



Washington Park is famous for Tulips in the spring.  There is a Tulip Festival this weekend.  We actually also took a walk to Washington Park tonight too, they are setting up tents and booths to get ready.  We will visit again Saturday.  We are in a good location for the summer, there is always fun festivals and concerts going on down here.  It will be good when Cory is done with school, next Wednesday.  Yeah!



 Logan didn't care much for the flowers, but the grass sure made him happy!





That night, Sunday, Lucy was also coloring with washable markers and we looked over to find she had colored all over her arms, stomach, and hands.  That was before we put her pjs on.  Thank goodness for washable markers, even though it takes more than one wash to get it all off!  Stinker!


5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, those flowers are so beautiful! That's great you live so close to do fun things like that. Glad Cory is out of school soon. Yeah! It'll be a switch for you guys during the summer, and hope everything works out great!

Oh boy markers. I haven't gotten them out for awhile now. I've actually forgotten about them. But Kylie knows when we actually do get them out, she only gets them out when Peyton is asleep. For the same reason what happened to Lucy's body. :)

Jen said...

Cute pictures! Love the pictures of Lucy smelling the flowers--looks like it belongs in a magazine!

ckcclan said...

Great pictures!! It looks like you guys had fun.

We miss you guys! We hope that everything works out for this week. The girls keep asking about lucy.

Amanda said...

WOW!!!! Those flowers are gorgeous! They take my breath away. :) I love the pic of you and Logan with the tulips, you look beautiful!

How fun, glad to hear you are doing well & Cory gets a break soon. Your kids are so dang cute.

Aubrey said...

Wow, Candice, those are some beautiful flowers! Great for pictures! I thought the one of Lucy having Cory smell a flower was funny. I'm jealous of your walk! So beautiful!