January 28, 2008

Family is Forever



When I heard about President Gordon B. Hinckley's passing the first thought that entered my mind was that I was so happy for him because he gets to be with his dear wife again.  I am sure their reunion was joyous.  What a blessing it would be to have lived your life in such a way that you have a sure place in heaven to be with our God, our Savior, and loved ones again.

It made me deeply reflect on my own life and family.  I am so grateful to know that I can be with my family forever too.  I am so grateful for the life I live and for my dear family.  It made me remember the bigger picture that I often forget, that this life is just a short test and if we are faithful to the end we can have eternal happiness.

I want to say thank you to President Gordon B. Hinckley for all he has done for the world.  I will miss his sweet spirit and sense of humor but have great comfort knowing he is in a wonderful place with people dear to him.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I agree, Candice! What a nice message! Thank you for sharing. And such a darn cute picture! Your hair is so long! And straight in this picture...you look gorgeous!