October 26, 2008

Pumpkins...

I don't really know how I am up right now on the computer, I worked last night (11p-7a) and then slept for about a 1/2 hour and then went to church and came home and slept about 3 hours.  I should be sleeping right now.  I work tomorrow night too, so we'll see how I do?

Halloween is approaching and I am getting so excited, more excited then my kids probably!  I love Halloween - and yes - I love to dress up too :).  I love to dress up the kids and to dress up my husband :) and to dress up myself - it's the one day you can wear anything and it's okay - funky hair, makeup, clothes - what could be better?  And you get free candy, jack pot!

Here are some pics of our Pumpkin carving family home evening.  The kids had fun - Cory carved the big one - he is really good at this!  Lucy had fun watching dad "de-gut" the pumpkins - she got a kick out of it!  And Logan loves to point to the pumpkins now and say "ahhh," it's cute.  I don't know if it's just back East?  But our pumpkins are already growing mold - Cory says it goes along with Halloween - I just think its disgusting!

  
    

Also, we are starting to get anxious about moving out of the city, especially down town.  There was a shooting by our church building the other night.  A student that goes to Cory's school was shot in the head and died.  There have been a lot of car break-ins and muggings lately too.  Cory actually went to the grocery store around the corner the other night (around 10pm) and he saw a guy walk in with a gun, holding it down by his side.  Nothing happened that we know of, but he looked pretty upset.

But we are safe and sound here in our little apt and we have good neighbors.  So things are good for now.  It is getting very cold and rainy here and the leaves are almost all fallen off already, sad!  Take care and have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!



2 comments:

Anna said...

I know you love Halloween. Not my favorite holiday, but glad it is someone's favorite. :) Kylie and Peyton say, "Ewww!" everytime they pass by their pumpkins. We haven't grown mold on ours yet, but they really dry up fast. Things are different. Hope you guys stay safe. Glad things are going good.

Jen said...

Our first Halloween in LA we carved our pumpkins a week early--by the time Halloween came, they had gone moldy and had caved in! The heat and humidity really get to them! We learned from our mistake that year and now carve them the night before. All it takes is 2 to 3 days before they have rotted! Nasty, I agree with you! Did Lucy draw that face all by herself? If so, she is GOOD!! :)